Visit Mt. Adams Buddhist Temple located at the foot of Mt. Adams in Trout Lake, Washington for this precepts retreat.
Master Kozen (Thich Minh Tinh), Master Thich Tam Hoan, Master Thich Van Hai, and Nun Hue Huong will lead the Eight Precepts Retreat.
- To refrain from intentionally taking the life of any living creature.
- To refrain from taking what is not given.
- To refrain from any sexual activity: no physical contact or intimacy with the opposite sex.
- To refrain from dishonest speech.
- To refrain from using alcohol or non-medicinal drugs. (Smoking is banned in the monastery/Jhana Grove retreat centre).
- To refrain from eating after noon. (Non-milk drinks, juice, sweets, sugar & honey are allowable).
- To refrain from dancing, singing, playing music, and wearing cosmetics, perfume, and jewellery.
- To refrain from using luxurious beds and seats.
Vegetarian meals and accommodations are included.
Other activities will include:
- Seated meditation instruction
- Metta (loving kindness) practice
- Gratitude practice
- Walking meditation
- Discussions and Q&A